Open call for the selection procedure for the recruitment of 1 Doctorate Initial Level within the scope of the Project CAVALI – CADEIA DE VALOR DO LITIO, with reference POCI-01-0247-FEDER-047728, co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), through the Operational Programme for Competitiveness and Internationalization (COMPETE 2020), under the PORTUGAL 2020 Partnership Agreement, for research scientific activities in the area of Life Cycle Assessment, in the form of a Uncertain Term Employment Contract, under the Labor Code, never exceeding the maximum limit of six years.
The recruitment of this research position aims the participation in R&D activities that fall within the areas of Environmental or Mining Engineering aiming the development of Life Cycle Assessment, aiming the development of activity 8 of the project (Life Cycle Analysis between the deposit and the production of metallurgical products), contributing to the following tasks, predicted in the application:
- Definition of the scope and goals - in which the product, process or activity is defined. It establishes the context in which the assessment is developed and identifies the borders and environmental effects that should be considered during the evaluation.
- Inventory analysis - Identifies and quantifies materials, energy and utilities, as well as environmental releases.
- Impact assessment – estimating the potential environmental consequences on humans and on the ecological environment, which result from the use of water, energy, materials and environmental releases identified in the inventory analysis.
- Participation in other project activities (4 and 5, i.e., respectively, "Metallurgy" and "Simulation, Pre-dimensioning and Capex") with direct causal link to Life Cycle Analysis.
- Interpretation – Which expresses the results of the inventory and impact assessment, expressing them in a condensed form in "performing indexes" that are easily comparable with those resulting from other alternatives to the product, process or service analysed.
Deadline for applications is 17/01/2022 12:00 - Europe/London
More information at https://www.euraxess.pt/jobs/725340 and at the notice of the call (link below).