In support of better implementation of remediation actions as well as in support of public and environmental protection and site monitoring, the purpose of ENVIRONET is to:
- Coordinate support to organizations or Member States by making available the relevant skills, knowledge, managerial approaches and expertise, related to environmental management and remediation;
- Offer a broad and diversified range of training and demonstration activities with a regional or thematic focus providing hands-on, user-oriented experience and disseminating proven technologies;
- Facilitate sharing and exchanging knowledge and experience amongst organizations with advanced environmental management and remediation programmes;
- Collect and share the good remediation practices by identifying and treating improper past operations , thus assuring the longer term knowledge; and
- Provide a forum in which experts’ advice and technical guidance may be provided.
For further information or questions please contact ENVIRONET.Contact-Point@iaea.org.